Plot & Details
In 1912, the H.M.S. Titanic was the largest ocean liner built to date, and its designers had incorporated several features they believed would make the ship virtually unsinkable. However, the Titanic never returned from its maiden voyage; after striking an iceberg, the ship slowly sank to the bottom on the ocean, with most of its passengers meeting a watery grave in the freezing ocean. The 1996 made-for-television movie Titanic tells the story of how this disaster came to befall the great ship, and what happened to the passengers on board -- both the wealthy socialites in first class and the poor immigrants in steerage. The cast includes George C. Scott as Capt. Smith, Peter Gallagher as Wynn Park, Eva Marie Saint as Hazel Foley, Tim Curry as Simon Doonan, Marilu Henner as Molly Brown, and Catherine Zeta-Jones (before she became a major star in The Mask Of Zorro and Entrapment) as Isabella Paradine.
- Genre(s): Drama,Epic and Historical
- Run Time: 165min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/07/1999
- Director(s): Robert Lieberman
- Themes: Class Differences,Disasters at Sea,Ship Cruises
- Tone: Atmospheric,Poignant,Sweeping,Elegant
- Keywords: class-system, disaster, iceberg, oceanliner, passenger, shipwreck, voyage
- Language: English