Plot & Details
In this fast-moving, light-hearted thriller from Hong Kong, Macy (Kelly Chen) is supposed to marry her Japanese boyfriend Takahashi (Toru Nakamura) during a trip to Las Vegas, but instead he leaves her at the altar. Told that Takhashi has returned to Tokyo, Macy and her friend Yung (Ekin Cheng) decide to fly to Japan and find him. Macy and Yung decide professional assistance may be in order, so they retain the services of Lam (Tony Leung Chiu-wai), a detective from China now living in Tokyo. Lam and his right-hand woman Saori (Cecilia Cheung) swing into action, learning that Takahashi's situation is a bit more complicated than anyone imagined. What's more, a dangerous gangster, Ito (Hiroshi Abe), has gotten involved in the case. Dungging Gungleuk was a major box-office hit in Hong Kong but went directly to video in the United States under the title Tokyo Raiders.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/03/2005
- DVD Release Date: 11/14/2000
- Distributor(s): Golden Harvest
- Director(s): Jingle Ma
- Starring: Tony Leung Chiu-Wai , Ekin Cheng , Kelly Chen , Cecilia Cheung , Toru Nakamura
- Themes: Amateur Sleuths,Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Stylized,Tense,Flashy
- Keywords: detective,fiancee,gangster,investigation,scorned-love
- Language: Cantonese