Plot & Details
This drama deals with the impact of the AIDS epidemic on modern relationships. Bridgette (Amanda Peet) is an aspiring young actress who pays her bills by teaching aerobics classes. She meets Adam (Michael Vartan), a ladies' man who runs his father's gymnasium business. They embark on an affair. One day, Bridgette is shocked to hear the news that one of her former boyfriends has died from AIDS. She thinks about having herself tested, hesitates because she is afraid to find out the result, and then goes through with the test when she finds out that Adam has taken up with another woman. Much to her dismay, she tests positive for the HIV virus. She figures that her life is over, but she is rescued from her despair by a new, sympathetic lover.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/08/1997
- Director(s): H. Gordon Boos
- Themes: Living With AIDS
- Tone: Bittersweet,Compassionate,Disturbing,Intimate,Sexual
- Keywords: AIDS,actor,devastation,diagnosis,love,playboy,romance,support
- Country of Origin: USA (10-09-1998)
- Language: English