Plot & Details
Inspired by the true life story of Erik Weihenmayer, the committed rock and ice climber who became the first blind man to reach the peak of Mount Everest, Touch the Top of the World traces Weihenmayer's unique life story from the time he was diagnosed with a rare degenerative eye condition as a young boy, to moment he achieved few thought possible. Weihenmayer was just three years old when he learned that he suffered from an eye disease that would ultimately rob him of sight. Still, his parents challenged him to lead a normal life, despite his limiting disability. Later, when Weihenmayer overcame insurmountable odds and scaled Mount Everest, his stunning achievement served as an inspiration to both his community, and other vision impaired athletes as well. Bruce Campbell, Kate Greenhouse, and Sarah Manninen co-star.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 89min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/17/2009
- Director(s): Peter Winther
- Starring: Peter Facinelli , Bruce Campbell , Sarah Manninen , Kate Greenhouse , Tom Carey
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Keywords: blindness [physical],determination,mountain-climbing
- Language: English