Plot & Details
Inspired by the themes of Steven Soderbergh's Academy Award winning 2000 film of the same name, Traffic: The Miniseries focuses on a group of people involved in the highest levels of illegal trafficking; dealing with the sale and trade of chemicals, weapons, and even people. DEA agent Mike McKay (Elias Koteas) goes missing in Afghanistan while at home, his son treads dangerously close to addiction. Meanwhile, different storylines follow Fazal (Ritchie Coster), whose wife and child die during illegal transport to the US, and Ben (Balthazar Getty), whose father's shipping company is being used to transport illegal immigrants into the country. The seemingly unconnected lives of the characters eventually begin to converge, illustrating the interconnected nature of issues surrounding the war on illegal transport.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 360min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/02/2004
- Distributor(s): USA
- Director(s): Stephen Hopkins, Eric Bross
- Starring: Cliff Curtis , Martin Donovan , Balthazar Getty , Elias Koteas , Mary McCormack
- Themes: Drug Trade
- Tone: Confrontational,Earnest
- Keywords: DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency),cab-driver,drug-trade,drugs,government,narcotics-agent,war-on-drugs
- Language: English