Plot & Details
The Fast and the Furious (2001) screenwriter David Ayer follows up that fast-paced action hit with this gritty cop drama from director Antoine Fuqua. Ethan Hawke stars as Jake Hoyt, a fresh-faced Los Angeles Police Department rookie anxious to join the elite narcotics squad headed up by 13-year veteran Detective Sergeant Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington). Harris has agreed to give Hoyt a shot at joining his team with a one-day ride-along during which Hoyt must prove his mettle. As the day wears on, however, it becomes increasingly clear to the greenhorn that his experienced mentor has blurred the line between right and wrong to an alarming degree, enforcing his own morally compromised code of ethics and street justice. As he struggles with his conscience, an increasingly alarmed Hoyt begins to suspect that he's not really being given an audition at all; he's being set up as the fall guy in an elaborate scheme. Training Day co-stars Tom Berenger, Scott Glenn, and recording artists Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and Macy Gray.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Action
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/05/2001
- DVD Release Date: 03/19/2002
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Antoine Fuqua
- Starring: Patty Duke , Denzel Washington , Bradford Dillman , Ethan Hawke , Barbara Feldon
- Themes: Innocence Lost,Inner City Blues,Rogue Cops,Rookie Cops,Police Corruption
- Tone: Atmospheric,Confrontational,Cynical,Gritty,Harsh,Tense
- Keywords: fall-guy,inner-city,narcotics-division,police-brutality,police-corruption,police-detective,rookie
- Country of Origin: USA (10-05-2001)
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2001||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Supporting Actor||Ethan Hawke||Nominated|
|2001||Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences||Best Actor||Denzel Washington||Won|