Plot & Details
Character actor Charles Martin Smith directed this quirky horror film about a dead rock star who wreaks vengeance on a small town. When a rock musician is banned from performing at a high school Halloween dance and ends up perishing in a hotel fire, he vows vengeance on the town and comes back from beyond the grave to obliterate the population. He does this through one of his most rabid fans, the nerdy Eddie Weinbauer (Marc Price), a high school outsider. He is such a fan that he plays the rock star's final album "Songs in the Key of Death" in reverse, looking for instructions on how to live his life. The rock star willingly obliges Eddie with helpful hints and soon Eddie is able to face down the high school bullies and gain the attention of an attractive girl. But soon Eddie begins to suspect that the ghost is using him. With the ghost intent on destroying the town, Eddie uses his newfound self-confidence to stand up to the ghost and save the town from destruction.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/24/1986
- DVD Release Date: 11/01/2002
- Distributor(s): De Laurentiis Entertainment Group
- Director(s): Charles Martin Smith
- Starring: Marc Price , Tony Dean Fields , Lisa Orgolini , Ozzy Osbourne , Doug Savant
- Themes: High School Life,Devil Worship,Dangerous Friends
- Tone: Tense,Humorous,Satirical,Creepy
- Keywords: Satan,danger,heavy-metal-music,injustice,misanthrope,monster,obsession,resurrection,revenge,rock-music,school,teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (10-24-1986)