Plot & Details
The austere proprietor of a family-owned vineyard clashes with his ambitious son over the future of the wine estate in this moody melodrama from director Gilles Legrand (Malabar Princess, The Maiden and the Wolves). Paul de Marseul (Niels Arestrup) takes nothing in life more seriously than the future of his precious vineyard. He longs for a progeny to take over the business one day, but sees his son Martin (Lorànt Deutsch) as lazy, and unfit for the job. When the son (Nicolas Bridet) of Paul's moribund estate manager (Patrick Chesnais) displays the skill and drive to sustain the thriving business, the growing divide between father and son threatens to turn tragic.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/16/2013
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Cohen Media Group
- Director(s): Gilles Legrand
- Starring: Niels Arestrup , Patrick Chesnais , Lorant Deutsch , Anne Marivin , Urbain Cancelier
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Families in Crisis
- Tone: Atmospheric,Intimate,Melancholy,Moody
- Keywords: family-business, family-responsibilities, family-strife, vineyard
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-16-2013)
- Language: French