Plot & Details
This routine film catalogues what happens to a teen's life when he is wrenched from an easy existence in affluent, East Coast suburbia and dropped into the lean, mean streets of a downscale L.A. suburb. James Spader is Morgan Hiller, displaced with his parents and brother when his father loses some of the wealth to which they were accustomed and the family moves to California. Morgan soon attracts Frankie (Kim Richards), the girlfriend of Nick (Paul Mones), a high school tough who does not appreciate Frankie's change of heart. The antagonism between Morgan and Frankie mounts as they both approach a high-noon showdown. Aside from some musical numbers which seem to have wandered in from another film about teen singers and dancers, the story is compelling and the film is notable for one of the early performances of Robert Downey in a subsidiary role.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 113min.
- DVD Release Date: 03/13/2001
- Director(s): Fritz Kiersch
- Starring: James Spader , Kim Richards , Paul Mones , Robert Downey, Jr. , Matt Clark
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Kids in Trouble,High School Life
- Tone: Gritty,Slick,Tense
- Keywords: adolescence, high-school, love, neighborhood, newcomer, poverty, relocation, revenge, robbery, romance, street-smart, wealth, one-against-odds, teenagers
- Language: English