Plot & Details
Tune in Tomorrow is based on Mario Vargas Llosa's novel, Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter. In New Orleans, circa 1951, a news writer for a local radio station, Martin Loader (Keanu Reeves), meets and falls in love with his aunt Julia (Barbara Hershey), a divorced woman who is looking for a new husband. Meanwhile, new-in-town eccentric radio-soap-opera writer, Pedro Carmichael (Peter Falk) has been hired to help boost the station's bad ratings. Pedro begins manipulating Martin and Julia's affair and using it as the basis for his radio show. Director Jon Amiel uses the same story-within-a-story construction from The Singing Detective, the miniseries that he directed for British television.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/30/2008
- DVD Release Date: 01/07/2003
- Distributor(s): Cinecom Pictures
- Director(s): Jon Amiel
- Starring: Peter Falk , Keanu Reeves , Barbara Hershey , Hope Lange , Bill McCutcheon
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Age Disparity Romance,Writer's Life,Members of the Press
- Tone: Affectionate,Quirky,Talky,Witty
- Keywords: aunt, divorce, eccentric, nephew, May-December-romance, love-affair, manipulation, mentor, radio-show, radio-station, writer
- Country of Origin: USA (10-26-1990)
- Language: English