Plot & Details
On the occasion of his 50th birthday, blue-collar family man Gene Hackman is possessed by our old friend, The Mid-Life Crisis. Visiting a local tavern, Hackman becomes enchanted by gorgeous barmaid Ann-Margret. In less time than it takes to down his beer, he has resolved to leave his wife Ellen Burstyn, and his daughters Ally Sheedy and Amy Madigan, in favor of a fresh start with his sexy new "conquest." The film deals not so much with Hackman's impulsive decision as with the genuine pain he leaves in his wake. Madigan's vituperative lash-out at her father is one of many heartbreaking moments of truth in this refreshingly cliché-free domestic drama. The perceptive screenplay for Twice in a Lifetime was written by Colin Welland; the film's theme music was composed by Paul McCartney.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 117min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/12/2005
- Director(s): Bud Yorkin
- Starring: Gene Hackman , Ann-Margret , Ellen Burstyn , Amy Madigan , Ally Sheedy
- Themes: Starting Over,Breakups and Divorces,Midlife Crises,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Compassionate,Earnest,Gentle,Reflective,Understated
- Keywords: extramarital-affair, mid-life-crisis, romance, wife, May-December-romance, daughter, family-abandonment, husband, love, love-triangle, slice-of-life
- Language: English