Plot & Details
This three part horror story is taken from the writings of Nathaniel Hawthorne. Vincent Price stars in all three tales starting with Dr. Heidegger's Experiment". Heidegger (Sebastian Cabot) attempts to restore the youth of four elderly friends. In a ghastly and ghoulish scene, a bride in her wedding gown returns to life after being dead for forty years. Although her spirit is alive, her body is ravaged by forty years of grave rot. "Rappaccini's Daughter" finds Price as a demented, overprotective father inoculating his daughter with poison so she may never leave her garden of poisonous plants. Part three, "The House of the Seven Gables" has Beverly Garland, Richard Denning, and Jacqueline de Wit accompanying Price, who retains his horror hero status that alternates between villain and victim. The characters portrayed by Price are a natural continuation of the Edgar Allen Poe stories produced by Roger Cormam. Sidney Sallow directed this feature in which the cinematic apple falls far from the literary tree.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 120min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/28/2001
- Distributor(s): United Artists
- Director(s): Sidney Salkow
- Starring: Vincent Price , Sebastian Cabot , Mari Blanchard , Brett Halsey
- Themes: Supernatural Romance,Fathers and Daughters,Ghosts
- Tone: Atmospheric,Creepy,Eerie,Menacing
- Keywords: ghost, sister, suicide, treasure, bride, corpse, daughter, father, magic-potion, murder, poison, warlock
- Language: English