Plot & Details
Two well-known directors each adapt stories by Edgar Allen Poe in this horror drama. George Romero's "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" tells how the wife of an elderly, wealthy man and her lover--who also happens to be the husband's private physician--scheme to control his assets. Dying before they can carry out their plans, his soul is caught between life and death while they freeze the body to finish their work. In the Dario Argento-directed "The Black Cat" a crime photographer, known for his photos' gruesome content, kills his girlfriend's titular pet and then his girlfriend. Soon he gets a good look at what he's done.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 121min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/22/2002
- DVD Release Date: 04/29/2003
- Distributor(s): Artisti Associati
- Director(s): Dario Argento, George A. Romero
- Starring: Adrienne Barbeau , E.G. Marshall , Harvey Keitel , Madeleine Potter , Ramy Zada
- Themes: Zombies,Treacherous Spouses,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Stylized,Visceral,Macabre,Gruesome
- Keywords: cat, death, deception, extramarital-affair, hypnosis, killing, lawyer, neighbor, photography, police, revenge, soul, suicide, suspicion, wife, animal, ghost, investigation, murder, scheme
- Country of Origin: USA (10-25-1991)
- Language: English