Plot & Details
Zalman King wrote and directed this soft-core Harlequinesque Romance that plays like Tennessee Williams meets Fredericks of Hollywood. April Delongpre (Sherilyn Fenn) is the daughter of a powerful senator and heiress to an old and respectable Southern family. April is engaged to marry the granite-handsome Chad Douglas Fairchild (Martin Hewitt) within a few days. But Chad has gone to Tuscaloosa to sign papers for their condo and the rest of the family has headed off to the lake, leaving April in the house alone with nothing to do except take long and languid showers--until she sets her eyes on the pecs of carnival roustabout Perry (Richard Tyson). Soon the two are making tasteful love in every nook and cranny of April's mansion. Unfortunately for the two sexual athletes, April's grandmother (Louise Fletcher) has assigned the local sheriff (Burl Ives) to keep an eye on her. And an eye on her he keeps, so that during the wedding ceremony, he has quite a story to tell.
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/29/1988
- DVD Release Date: 04/18/2000
- Distributor(s): Lorimar Productions
- Director(s): Zalman King
- Starring: Sherilyn Fenn , Richard Tyson , Louise Fletcher , Kristy McNichol , Martin Hewitt
- Themes: Romantic Betrayal,Sexual Awakening,Southern Gothic
- Tone: Atmospheric,Light,Sexy,Slick
- Keywords: Senator, carnival, daughter, engagement, grandmother, sexual-attraction, sheriff
- Country of Origin: USA (04-29-1988)
- Language: English