Plot & Details
Director Budd Boetticher wrote the story upon which this comic Western was based. Clint Eastwood stars as Hogan, a tough cowboy who rescues a woman, Sara (Shirley Maclaine) as she's about to be attacked by a trio of rapists. Surprised to learn that his new traveling companion is a nun, Hogan agrees to escort her to a camp occupied by anti-French revolutionaries. It turns out that neither of this pair is what they claim to be: Hogan is to scout out a French military garrison for a future attack, while Sara is actually a prostitute masquerading as a nun. After Hogan spies Sara smoking cigars and drinking whiskey, he begins to figure out she's not a bride of Christ, and the two team up with the Juaristas to destroy the French fortifications.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/23/2006
- DVD Release Date: 05/06/2003
- Director(s): Don Siegel
- Starring: Shirley MacLaine , Clint Eastwood , Manolo Fábregas , Alberto Morin , Armando Silvestre
- Themes: Members of the Clergy
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Quirky
- Keywords: cowboy, deception, nun, prostitute/prostitution, reconnaissance, rescue, revolution, spy
- Language: English