Plot & Details
Nutty, Naughty Chateau is summed up in the encyclopedic book The United Artists Story as "Sex comedy drama." No more, no less. Actually, there is more: The film was originally titled Chateau en Suede, and it was directed by Roger Vadim. Based on a Francoise Sagan play, the film involves a group of eccentric jet-setters who gambole around a huge French chateau dressed in 1750s costumes. A young man on the run takes refuge in this curious household, and is gradually sucked into the soft-core sensual practices of its offbeat denizens. With Vadim as director, and a cast chock-full of such notables as Monica Vitti and Curt Jurgens, Nutty, Naughty Chateau deserves more attention than a three-word synopsis would suggest.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 102min.
- Distributor(s): Valoria Films
- Director(s): Roger Vadim
- Starring: Jean-Louis Trintignant , Monica Vitti , Jean-Claude Brialy , Curd Jürgens , Françoise Hardy
- Tone: Campy,Easygoing,Humorous,Lurid
- Keywords: Sweden, brother, castle, costume, cousin, craziness, death, divorce, drowning, escape, family, ghost, husband, jealousy, killing, locked-up, love, lover, magazine, maniac, obsession
- Country of Origin: France (11-20-1963),Italy (11-22-1963)
- Language: French