Plot & Details
Uncertain Glory finds Errol Flynn atypically cast as French criminal Jean Picard, a craven coward whose many misdeeds have earned him a date with the guillotine. Detective Marcel Bonet (Paul Lukas) intends to see that Picard keeps his appointment with the executioner, despite the fact that there's a war on. When the Nazis capture 100 French hostages to force a resistance saboteur to surrender himself, Picard offers to pose as the saboteur and thereby save the lives of the innocent villagers. In truth, he plans to escape once he's turned himself over to the Nazis, leaving the villagers in the lurch, but at the last moment his latent patriotism overcomes his sense of self-preservation. Errol Flynn's character is almost as inconsistent as the script, but war films invariably made money in 1944.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Action,Drama,War
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/19/2005
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Raoul Walsh
- Starring: Errol Flynn , Paul Lukas , Jean Sullivan , Lucile Watson , Faye Emerson
- Themes: Redemption
- Tone: Poignant,Tearjerking,Tense
- Keywords: glory, hostage, bad-guy-turns-good, hero, resistance, war