Plot & Details
What's a middle-aged woman to do when her husband walks out on her and her favorite pop star is murdered by a serial killer? Writer/director P.J. Hogan explores this and many other pressing questions in Unconditional Love, a comic murder-mystery he devised with his wife and co-screenwriter, Jocelyn Moorhouse. Their heroine, Grace Beasly (Kathy Bates), finds her placid Midwestern life turned upside down after she loses both of the aforementioned men in her life: her husband (Dan Aykroyd) and the Tom Jones-like, Welsh singing star Victor Fox (Jonathan Pryce), whom she unabashedly worships. After Fox's death, Grace impetuously flies to England for his funeral. Paying an uninvited visit to his countryside estate, she discovers Dirk Simpson (Rupert Everett), Fox's longtime, secret live-in lover, who's also in a state of shock following the senseless murder. Together, the two team up, traveling back to the Windy City to find the infamous "Crossbow Killer" who took Fox's life. After receiving a fall 2002 release in the U.K., Unconditional Love had its U.S. premiere on the Starz network in August 2003.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 121min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/07/2003
- Distributor(s): New Line Cinema
- Director(s): P.J. Hogan
- Starring: Kathy Bates , Rupert Everett , Meredith Eaton , Peter Sarsgaard , Lynn Redgrave
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Midlife Crises,Murder Investigations,Breakups and Divorces
- Tone: Affectionate,Easygoing,Light,Upbeat
- Keywords: celebrity, fan [devotee], friendship, funeral, homosexual, lover, secret-life, singer, stars [celebrities]
- Language: English