Plot & Details
Comedian Frank Fay and director Michael Curtiz reportedly despised one another at sight, and their mutual animosity tends to seep through every frame of Under a Texas Moon. The vainglorious Fay is cast as Don Carlos, a gay caballero ("gay" meaning "carefree") whose serenades every senorita he meets. When a group of ranchers post a $7000 dollar reward for the capture of the Bad Man of the Pool (Fred Kohler), a notorious bandit, Don Carlos passes himself off as a daring cattle rustler and promises to bring the Bad Man to heel within 10 days. Characteristically, he spends nine of those ten days romancing such lovelies as Raquella (Raquel Torres), Lolita (Myrna Loy) and Dolores (Armida). All of this was played for laughs, but Frank Fay's special brand of quiet put-down humor didn't play quite as well on screen as it did on stage. Under a Texas Moon was originally released in Technicolor, but try finding a color print today.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Westerns
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/28/2002
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Michael Curtiz
- Starring: Frank Fay , Raquel Torres , Myrna Loy , Armida , Noah Beery, Sr.
- Tone: Humorous,Light
- Keywords: bachelor,bad-guy,cowboy,good-guy,outlaw [Western],rustler