Plot & Details
On the 25th anniversary of Paul Simon's Graceland, acclaimed documentary filmmaker Joe Berlinger offers a glimpse at the controversy surrounding the decision to record the album in South Africa despite a UN boycott of the nation, which was aimed at ending apartheid. In the run-up to an eagerly anticipated reunion concert, Simon, Quincy Jones, Peter Gabriel, David Byrne, Harry Belafonte, Paul McCartney and others reflect on the decision to record with local artists in South Africa, and the cultural impact of the album that delivered such hits as "I Know What I Know" and "You Can Call Me Al."
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/11/2012
- Distributor(s): A&E IndieFilms
- Director(s): Joe Berlinger
- Starring: Whoopi Goldberg , Paul Simon , Oprah Winfrey , Hugh Masekela , Steve Van Zandt
- Themes: Culture Clash,Musician's Life
- Tone: Affectionate
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-11-2012)
- Language: Afrikaans,English