Plot & Details
Set in Paris, Under My Skin stars John Garfield as a washed-up jockey who has stolen money from a crooked gambler (Luther Adler). Anxious to escape with his life, Garfield leaves his young son (Orley Lindgren) in the care of his nightclub chanteuse girlfriend (Micheline Presle). While on the lam, Garfield has a change of heart and decides to make good for his son's sake. The gambler catches up with the jockey and demands that he throw an upcoming race, or else. Garfield makes the ultimate sacrifice so that his son will grow up remembering him with pride. Under My Skin was based on the Ernest Hemingway story My Old Man, which was refilmed for television in 1979 with Warren Oates as the father and Kristy McNichol as his daughter (one supposes that it was contract-commitment time).
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/12/1995
- Director(s): Jean Negulesco
- Starring: John Garfield , Luther Adler , Orley Lindgren , Noel Drayton
- Themes: Cons and Scams,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Cathartic,Downbeat,Gloomy,Tense
- Keywords: France, reform [improve], gangster, honesty, horse-racing, jockey, redemption, robbery, son