Plot & Details
Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren play archenemies from beyond the grave in this action film. During the Vietnam War, Luc (Van Damme), hoping to be sent home, comes upon blood-crazy Scott (Lundgren), who is starting a one-man genocide program. When Luc tries to stop Scott's carnage, Scott fights back and they end up killing each other. But now the government gets involved, cryogenically freezing their corpses and using their bodies in a secret government project call "UniSols" --turning the dead men into android fighting machines. Luc and Scott are now metallic fighting members of a robot SWAT team. But Luc begin to have flashbacks to the final moments of his life in Vietnam, as does Scott, who recalls that one of his final thoughts was to kill Luc. Meanwhile, a snoopy reporter named Veronica (Ally Walker) stumbles upon the secret of the UniSols, and soon Luc is trying to save both himself and Veronica from the wrath of Scott, who is trying to kill them both. All of the action culminates in a wild chase between a prison bus and a UniSols van, racing around hairpin turns on desert precipices.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Action
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/06/1992
- DVD Release Date: 02/17/1998
- Distributor(s): TriStar
- Director(s): Roland Emmerich
- Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme , Dolph Lundgren , Ally Walker , Ed O'Ross , Jerry Orbach
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Robots and Androids
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: bad-guy,cyborg,experiment,good-guy,good-vs-evil,renegade,revenge,soldier,war
- Country of Origin: USA (07-10-1992)
- Language: English