Plot & Details
The collapse of two dysfunctional relationships brings a pair of unhappy people together in this downbeat independent drama. Elizabeth (Kathleen Robertson) is a successful business executive who is outwardly strong and confident, but inwardly she's buckling under the emotional strain of her failing marriage to Daniel (Michael T. Weiss), an actor whose career is in a tailspin, and a short-lived affair only makes her all the more vulnerable. Meanwhile, Robert (Norman Reedus) is a once-promising writer who is smothering his talent in drugs and alcohol, though the visible shards of his gift are just enough to frustrate his emotionally troubled girlfriend, Mina (Missy Crider). With their relationships all but over, Robert meets Elizabeth, and these two damaged souls struggle to find solace together despite the oppressive weight of their emotional and romantic disappointments. Until the Night was the first directorial credit for filmmaker Gregory Hatanaka.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/25/2004
- DVD Release Date: 04/26/2005
- Director(s): Gregory Hatanaka
- Starring: Norman Reedus , Kathleen Robertson , Missy Crider , Sarah Lassez , Michael T. Weiss
- Themes: Infidelity,Self-Destructive Romance,Crumbling Marriages,Writer's Life,Mental Illness
- Tone: Bleak,Downbeat,Melancholy,Moody,Sexual,Talky
- Keywords: marriage-problems, addiction, businessperson, marital-problems, self-destruction, writer
- Language: English