Plot & Details
Tall tales turn into chilling reality in this sequel to the 1998 horror hit Urban Legend. Amy Mayfield (Jenny Morrison) is a film student at Alpine University who for her thesis project (which will also be her entry to a prestigious competition for young directors) has decided to make a horror film about urban legends that suddenly and disturbingly come true. However, as Amy and her student cast and crew begin filming staged murders for the project, members of her team begin dying for real, and the survivors have to track down the killer before they become the next victims. And where do Travis (Matthew Davis), Graham (Joey Lawrence), and Toby (Anson Mount), three other students vying for the same prize as Amy, fit into this scenario? Urban Legends: The Final Cut marked the directorial debut for John Ottman, who previously distinguished himself as an editor and composer (he also performed both of those functions for this film).
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 98min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/22/2000
- DVD Release Date: 02/06/2001
- Distributor(s): Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Director(s): John Ottman
- Starring: Jennifer Morrison , Matthew Davis , Hart Bochner , Loretta Devine , Joseph Lawrence
- Themes: Serial Killers,College Life
- Tone: Creepy
- Keywords: college-student,death,film,killing,psychopath,serial-killer,student,university
- Country of Origin: USA (09-22-2000)
- Language: English