Plot & Details
This filmed stage production of Victor/Victoria came to be through the collaboration of director Blake Edwards and his wife, singer and actress Julie Andrews. Andrews reprises her role as a female pretending to be a male who is impersonating a female, while Edwards once again directs. As with the 1982 film and 1996 Broadway productions of Victor/Victoria, Andrews' character rises through the entertainment circuit by means of her unique gimmick, leaving a Chicago gangster and the rest of her audience thoroughly confused about her true sexuality and its implications. Filmed shortly before her vocal chords were unfortunately injured, this production of Victor/Victoria marks the last musical performance by Andrews prior to the damage incurred to her singing voice after undergoing subsequent surgery.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Comedy,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 146min.
- DVD Release Date: 04/04/2000
- Director(s): Matthew Diamond, Goro Kobayashi
- Starring: Julie Andrews , Tony Roberts , Michael Nouri , Rachel York
- Themes: Gender-Bending
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Stylish
- Keywords: con/scam, cross-dressing, gangster, homosexual, impersonation, nightclub, role-switching
- Language: English