Plot & Details
The title Virtue should be a good tip-off that the central character is a step below virtuous. Carole Lombard, still not established as a comedienne in 1932, plays a streetwalker seeking an escape from her sordid existence. She meets Pat O'Brien, one of the few men who doesn't expect a quick fix of satisfaction. Redeemed by his love, Lombard marries O'Brien and tries her best to bury her past. Fortunately Virtue was made before the 1934 production code, thus Carole Lombard is not subject to the censor-approved Torments of the Damned which were visited upon post-1934 movie prostitutes.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Romance,Thriller
- Run Time: 68min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/20/2008
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures
- Director(s): Edward N. Buzzell
- Starring: Carole Lombard , Pat O'Brien , Mayo Methot , Jack LaRue , Ward Bond
- Keywords: accusation, street-life, woman, cab-driver, ex-prostitute, going-straight, love, marriage, murder