Plot & Details
The town of Binger, Montana decides to re-enact the 1889 battle in which the whites massacred most of the Blackfoot Indians in this depressing and violent drama. The white mayor initiates the plan for the benefit of Labor Day tourists to the area predominantly populated by Native Americans. Things get out of control when a drunken white boy fires a loaded gun and kills a young Indian. Five Indian youths quickly avenge their friend's death and take to the woods. A racist posse shoots one and scalps another, and the Governor calls out the National Guard as the situation escalates out of control.
- Genre(s): Action,Drama,Westerns
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/29/1989
- Distributor(s): Tri Star Pictures
- Director(s): Franc Roddam
- Starring: Billy Wirth , Kevin Dillon , Tim Sampson , Jimmie Ray Weeks , Kevin Howard
- Keywords: battle [war], cavalry, cowboy, festival, killing, lynching, massacre, mountains, showdown, Native-American, cross-cultural-relations, injustice, murder, revenge, weapons
- Country of Origin: USA (09-29-1989)