Plot & Details
Based on the Saturday Night Live sketch of the same name, Wayne's World is a wacky, irreverent pop-culture comedy about the adventures of two amiably aimless metal-head friends, Wayne (Mike Myers) and Garth (Dana Carvey). From Wayne's basement, the pair broadcast a talk-show called "Wayne's World" on local public access television. The show comes to the attention of a sleazy network executive (Rob Lowe) who wants to produce a big-budget version of "Wayne's World"--and he also wants Wayne's girlfriend, a rock singer named Cassandra (Tia Carrere). Wayne and Garth have to battle the executive not only to save their show, but also Cassandra. Director Penelope Spheeris, Myers and Carvey hang a lot of silly, but funny, jokes on this thin plot, and the energy of the cast--as well as the wild pop-culture references--make Wayne's World a cut above the average Saturday Night Live spin-off movie.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/04/1992
- DVD Release Date: 07/10/2001
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Penelope Spheeris
- Starring: Mike Myers , Dana Carvey , Rob Lowe , Tia Carrere , Lara Flynn Boyle
- Themes: Fighting the System,Righting the Wronged,Arrested Adolescence
- Tone: Easygoing,Goofy,Light,Upbeat,Humorous,Irreverent
- Keywords: TV-show-host,basement,cable-TV,coming-of-age,family,friendship,integrity,love,manager,producer [showbiz],promoter,studio,television
- Country of Origin: USA (02-14-1992)
- Language: English