Plot & Details
A middle-aged man dies in the street, leaving his widow and three children destitute. The devastated family is confronted not only with his loss but with a terrible challenge -- how to survive. For they are cannibals. They have always existed on a diet of human flesh consumed in bloody ritual ceremonies... and the victims have always been provided by the father. Now that he is gone, who will hunt? Who will lead them? How will they sate their horrific hunger? The task falls to the eldest son, Alfredo, a teenage misfit who seems far from ready to accept the challenge... But without human meat the family will die. Shocking, bloody and deeply moving, 'We Are What We Are' is a remarkable reinvention of the horror genre -- a visceral and powerfully emotional portrait of a family bound by a terrible secret and driven by monstrous appetites.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/18/2011
- DVD Release Date: 07/26/2011
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Director(s): Jorge Michel Grau
- Starring: Francisco Barreiro , Alan Chávez , Paulina Gaitan , Carmen Beato , Jorge Zárate
- Themes: Cannibals,Death in the Family
- Tone: Creepy,Disturbing,Menacing,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: Mexico, cannibal, death-in-family, patriarch, ritual
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-18-2011)
- Language: Spanish