Plot & Details
Hollywood filmmaker Donald Petrie directs the comedy Welcome to Mooseport. Gene Hackman stars as former U.S. President Monroe "The Eagle" Cole. He's retired to the small New England town of Mooseport, ME, in order to write his memoirs and relax. The retirement is put on hold, however, when he's persuaded to run for mayor of the town. Meanwhile, local hardware store owner and plumber Handy Harrison (Ray Romano) is just the sort of plaid-shirted everyman to run against him. Cole seems a sure win in the race, especially with his loyal personal assistants (Marcia Gay Harden and Fred Savage) aiding his every move. The competition gets even more severe when Handy's sweetheart Sally (Maura Tierney) comes between the two men. Welcome to Mooseport also stars Christine Baranski and Rip Torn.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/20/2004
- DVD Release Date: 05/25/2004
- Distributor(s): Fox
- Director(s): Donald Petrie
- Starring: Gene Hackman , Ray Romano , Marcia Gay Harden , Maura Tierney , Christine Baranski
- Themes: Love Triangles,Heads of State,Small-Town Life,On the Campaign Trail
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Upbeat,Wry
- Keywords: President,candidate,election,ex-wife,love-triangle,mayor,plumber,small-town,veterinarian
- Country of Origin: USA (02-20-2004)
- Language: English