Plot & Details
Inspired by his own tough childhood on the unforgiving streets of South Boston, director/co-screenwriter (along with Paul T. Murray and Donnie Wahlberg) Brian Goodman's tough-talking crime drama follows the journey of two childhood friends as they attempt to sever their powerful underworld ties. Ever since they were just young kids, Brian (Mark Ruffalo) and Paulie (Ethan Hawke) have always watched out for one another. From the petty crimes and misdemeanors of childhood to more serious criminal endeavors as they take their tenuous first steps into adulthood, the two sworn friends do their best to survive in the dog-eat-dog neighborhood while gradually falling under the sway of powerful crime boss Pat Kelly (Goodman). Fifteen years later, Brian finds his drug addiction threatening to drive away his wife (Amanda Peet) while simultaneously taking a toll on his longtime friendship with Paulie. It seems that neither of the two men can break free of the vicious cycle that threatens to consume them, and as turf-war tensions begin to build, police detective Moran (Wahlberg) takes to the streets determined to clean them up once and for all. Will Brian and Paulie prove successful in earning some quick cash while staying off the detective's radar, or has their longtime lucky streak in dealing with the law finally dried up?
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/12/2008
- DVD Release Date: 04/28/2009
- Distributor(s): Yari Film Group
- Director(s): Brian Goodman
- Starring: Mark Ruffalo , Ethan Hawke , Amanda Peet , Donnie Wahlberg , Brian Goodman
- Themes: One Last Heist,Crime Gone Awry
- Keywords: detective,friendship,gangster
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (12-12-2008)
- Language: English