Plot & Details
Garry Shandling makes his big-screen debut as a leading man in this sci-fi romantic comedy. Harold (Shandling) is an alien from another galaxy sent to Earth on a vital mission: in order to ensure that his civilization will prevail, Harold must impregnate an Earth woman. But he discovers that this is more easily said than done, as he quickly gets a crash course in the arcane rituals of the human courtship process. What's worse, just when Harold thinks he's making progress in Earthbound seduction, he discovers that the males of his planet don't physically interface properly with women on Earth, so he is issued a variety of bizarre gadgets to complete his assignment. Mike Nichols directed What Planet Are You From?, which also features a top-notch supporting cast, including Annette Bening, John Goodman, Ben Kingsley, and Camryn Manheim.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 104min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/03/2000
- DVD Release Date: 07/18/2000
- Distributor(s): Sony
- Director(s): Mike Nichols
- Starring: Garry Shandling , Annette Bening , Greg Kinnear , Ben Kingsley , Linda Fiorentino
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Benign Aliens
- Tone: Irreverent,Satirical,Sexual,Silly,Wry
- Keywords: alien [not human], humanity, impregnation, man, marriage, mission [quest], woman
- Country of Origin: USA (03-03-2000)
- Language: English