Plot & Details
Three friends are reunited as their lives become increasingly desperate and dysfunctional in this independent drama. Bill (Dylan Baker) is a lonely middle-aged man who works as a night janitor in a large office building; he keeps himself company at work by listening to opera, and as he tries to sleep through the day he obsessively listens to a self-help tape that teaches "lucid dreaming." One of the men working Bill's building is Gary (Timothy Hutton), who has a habit of falling asleep at his desk rather than go home to deal with his loveless marriage to Karen (Sharon Stone), who is convinced she's losing her looks and turns to shoplifting for comfort. Even though Gary bullied Bill when they were in high school together, when they meet by chance at the office one night Gary is thrilled to see him, and suggests they get together with another fellow classmate, Travis (Pruitt Taylor Vince). However, as they spend time together, the three men are only reminded of their emotional isolation, and how their lives have not turned out as they dreamed. When A Man Falls was produced in part by co-star Sharon Stone; the film received its American premiere at the 2007 South By Southwest Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 86min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/05/2008
- Distributor(s): Screen Media Films
- Director(s): Ryan Eslinger
- Starring: Dylan Baker , Stacie Bono , Timothy Hutton , Sharon Stone , Pruitt Taylor Vince
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages,Intersecting Lives,Existential Crisis,Midlife Crises,Men's Friendship
- Tone: Downbeat,Melancholy,Understated
- Keywords: disillusionment, janitor, loneliness, opera, shoplifting
- Language: English