Plot & Details
This bizarre adaptation of the superb horror novel by Dean Koontz details the mental collapse of writer Hillary Thomas (Victoria Tennant), who is relentlessly stalked by sadistic psycho Bruno Clavell (Jean Leclerc), whom she had once interviewed for her latest book. After he breaks into her apartment to attack her, she is forced to kill him in self-defense... but her torment doesn't stop there. After her apparently still-living tormentor returns to assault her again, she turns to cop Tony Clemenza (Chris Sarandon) for help, and the two form a romantic bond while working together to solve the mystery. The confusing climax tries to tie up the novel's far-flung elements of black magic, incest, drugs, and hordes of hungry cockroaches, but one is left wondering what exactly is going on. Violent, gory, and perverse, this adaptation is dulled by flat performances and a script that fails to keep track of Koontz's complex storytelling techniques.
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- Director(s): Douglas Jackson
- Starring: Chris Sarandon , Victoria Tennant
- Themes: Woman In Jeopardy
- Tone: Disturbing,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: killing, police, romance, writing, attack, death, ghost, investigation, maniac, murder, revenge, woman
- Language: English