Plot & Details
The colorful subject of the popular underground documentary Dancing Outlaw finds his outlandish life story adapted for the big screen in this biopic penned by Vice Magazine's Shane Smith and Eddy Moretti (Heavy Metal Baghdad), and directed by UK commercial veteran Dominic Murphy. West Virginia native Jesco White was just six years old when he started huffing gasoline and lighter fluid to get high. As a troubled adolescent young Jesco bounced between work camps and reform schools until the day his father, famed mountain dancer D. Ray White, taught him how to tap dance. That skill would prove indispensable in helping Jesco keep his wicked ways in check after his father is murdered and the demons come knocking. Lacing up his father's tap shoes and taking his show on the road, Jesco (Edward Hogg) eventually meets Cilla (Carrie Fisher), the woman he will eventually call his wife. But even true love can't prevent Jesco from being split by the double-edged sword of revenge and redemption, and for the man who craves both there is truly no peace.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/09/2008
- Director(s): Dominic Murphy
- Starring: Ed Hogg , Carrie Fisher , Muse Watson , Owen Campbell
- Themes: Redemption,Fathers and Sons,Mental Illness,Drug Addiction,Dancer's Life
- Tone: Hallucinatory,Stylized
- Keywords: Appalachia,addiction,alcoholism,dancer,father,gas,insanity,redemption,revenge,tap-dance
- Language: English