Plot & Details
The still-unsolved Black Dahlia murder case, fictionalized in the 1981 theatrical feature True Confessions, is handled on a more factual level in this made-for-TV movie. Lucie Arnaz plays Elizabeth Short, an aspiring starlet of questionable morals, who in 1947 was murdered by person or persons unknown. What made the case particularly unsettling was the fact that Elizabeth's body was sliced neatly in two, with every ounce of blood drained from her body. Efrem Zimbalist Jr. costars as the Los Angeles detective who ends up dedicating a lifetime to tracking down Elizabeth's killer. Who is the Black Dahlia? debuted March 1, 1975.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 96min.
- Director(s): Joseph Pevney
- Starring: Lucie Arnaz , Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. , Ronny Cox , MacDonald Carey , Tom Bosley
- Themes: Obsessive Quests,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Creepy,Forceful,Gritty,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: casting, confession [criminal], mutilation, unsolved, woman, criminal, detective, investigation, investigator, killing, murder, obsession, one-man-show, police, victim