Plot & Details
The residents of Wilby, Nova Scotia, learn the importance a day can make as scandal weighs heavily on their conscience in the sophomore feature from Canadian playwright-turned-filmmaker Daniel MacIvor. Suicidal Dan Jarvis (James Allodi) is longing to find a reason to live, and as Buddy and Carol Franch's (Paul Gross and Sandra Oh) marriage falls to pieces, single mom Sandra Anderson (Rebecca Jenkins) seeks male companionship to relieve the strain of raising a child alone and unlucky painter Duck MacDonald (Callum Keith Rennie) struggles to overcome his own nagging problems. On the horizon, a shocking revelation threatens to change the way the residents of the small town view both themselves and their neighbors, but how will the people of Wilby deal with such a major problem when they can't even work out their own issues?
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/12/2004
- DVD Release Date: 05/23/2006
- Distributor(s): Mongrel Media
- Director(s): Daniel MacIvor
- Themes: Social Climbing,Mothers and Daughters,Murder Investigations,Death in the Family,Suicide,Small-Town Life,Intersecting Lives
- Tone: Biting,Bittersweet,Disturbing,Reflective,Quirky
- Keywords: dyslexia, festival, house, island, mayor, police-officer, real-estate-agent, scandal, suicide-attempt, town, video-store
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2004||Genie Awards||Best Original Song||Rebecca Jenkins||Nominated|
|2004||Genie Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Ellen Page||Nominated|