Plot & Details
This earnest, socially-conscious road drama centers on two California teenagers who find their comfortable lives thrown into turmoil during the Great Depression. To find work for themselves, the adventurous lads sneak aboard a Chicago-bound train.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/09/1997
- Distributor(s): First National
- Director(s): William Wellman
- Starring: Frankie Darro , Dorothy Coonan , Rochelle Hudson , Anne Hovey
- Themes: Kids in Trouble
- Tone: Bleak,Compassionate,Earnest
- Keywords: accident,adolescence,arrest,boy,bum,child,city,committed-relationship,community,conflict,confusion,conscience,court [law],criminal,deal [agreement],depression,economy,emotion,employment,equality,father,food,gangster,girl,group,hitman,home,hope,ideals,justice,lecture,life,lifestyle,loot,moving,naive,needlework,on-the-road,outlaw [Western],parent,police,poverty,problems,promise,provocative,railroad,rape,ring [jewelry],road,robbery,social-awareness,struggle,suffering,survivor,teenagers,track [track and field],train [locomotive],traveling,unknown,wheels,wild [undomesticated],youth
- Language: English