Plot & Details
Young divorced mother Kate Nelligan refuses to go into a panic when her six-year-old son disappears. She manages to maintain an even emotional keel even when detective Judd Hirsch unearths several clues which point to sexual molestation. After several false leads, the truth is revealed. We won't divulge the ending, but we will note that we found it pretty hard to swallow-especially when compared to the actual case upon which Beth Gutcheson's novel and screenplay were based. Despite its cop-out denouement, Without a Trace deserves to take its place among such superior missing-children dramas as the made-for-TV Adam and Just Another Missing Kid.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/10/2001
- DVD Release Date: 03/22/2005
- Director(s): Stanley Jaffe
- Starring: Kate Nelligan , Judd Hirsch , David Dukes , Stockard Channing , Jacqueline Brookes
- Themes: Missing Persons,Kidnapping
- Tone: Earnest,Poignant,Reflective,Tearjerking,Understated
- Keywords: detective, kidnapping, missing-person, mother, search, single-parent, son
- Language: English