Plot & Details
A wealthy aristocrat offers a group of desperate individuals the opportunity to solve all of their financial woes by taking part in a gruesome game of "Would you Rather?" in this pitch-black satire starring Jeffrey Combs and Brittany Snow. Iris (Snow) is a young woman caught in a heartbreaking family crisis; after losing both of her parents unexpectedly, she is the only one left to care for her severely ill younger brother. With her finances dwindling, she is invited to a mysterious dinner party hosted by debonair millionaire Shepard Lambrick (Jeffrey Combs), who claims that he may hold the answer to all of her problems. Later, as Iris and a despondent group of strangers gather in Lambrick's stately dining room, the host invites his guests to take part in a game that could change their lives. The rules are simple: Each player will be posed with a difficult question and given 15 seconds to make a choice -- should they choose incorrectly, the consequences will be fatal. Only one player will be left standing at the end of the game, and that person will receive enough cash that they will never have to worry about money again. Now, with both her own life and the life of her ailing brother on the line, Iris must figure out a way to win the game and survive the night. John Heard, Sasha Grey, Eddie Steeples, and Robb Wells co-star.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/08/2013
- DVD Release Date: 07/09/2013
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Director(s): David Guy Levy
- Starring: Brittany Snow , June Squibb , Jeffrey Combs , Sasha Grey , John Heard
- Themes: Death of a Parent
- Tone: Disturbing,Tense,Macabre,Gruesome
- Keywords: disease, family-tragedy, game, orphan, sibling
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-08-2013)
- Language: English