Plot & Details
A teacher at the mercy of his students turns the tables with the help of fellow misfit in this comedy-drama from writer and director Clay Liford. Mitch (Nate Rubin) is a substitute teacher who has landed a temporary full-time assignment at the high school where he studied years ago. Mitch is a stereotypical nerd who still lives with his mom, still plays Dungeons & Dragons with his high school buddies, doesn't have a girlfriend and is stuck in a life that's going nowhere. Mitch's fellow faculty members have nicknamed him "Mitch the Bitch," and one of his students, Re-Up (Ryan Anderson) has made it clear he doesn't like or respect Mitch -- so much so that he and a handful of fellow students beat Mitch to a pulp after school. Enter Maddie (Alicia Anthony), a student who isn't well liked by her peers, but no one will mess with her since her brother has a menacing criminal reputation. Maddie decides she doesn't like the way Mitch is being treated and offers to help him even the scales at school. Mitch is certainly grateful, buy he also finds himself moving into a relationship with Maddie that's dangerous on many levels. Wuss received its world premiere at the 2011 South by Southwest Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/03/2013
- Director(s): Clay Liford
- Starring: Nate Rubin , Alicia Anthony , Alex Karpovsky , Jonny Mars , Tony Hale
- Themes: Dangerous Attraction,Teachers and Students
- Tone: Biting,Irreverent,Satirical
- Keywords: attraction, high-school, misfit, revenge, teacher
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-03-2013)
- Language: English