Plot & Details
Harley (David Lipper), a struggling comedy writer, and Renee (Andrea Robinson), a hospital administrator, are getting divorced after a decade of marriage. Since they have no kids, the only thing left to do now is to sell their house and get rid of all their stuff. And what better way to do that than to sell their cherished possessions to a bunch of strangers? As they face off against an assortment of hard-bargainers, cheapskates, neighbors and gang members, they find themselves reflecting on what went wrong in their marriage, as well as what went right. By the end of the day, Harley and Renee have dispensed of their coffee cups, sheet sets and ceramic tchotchkes; it's the rest of their baggage that's a little more complicated. The screenplay for 'Yard Sale' was based on writer/director Bob Logan's own divorce and the yard sale he held with his then wife.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/07/2005
- Distributor(s): Romar Entertainment
- Director(s): Bob Logan
- Starring: David Lipper , Andrea Robinson , Michael Patrick McGill , Janiece Jary
- Themes: Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Bittersweet,Humorous,Intimate,Quirky,Wistful
- Keywords: couple, divorce, flashback, jeep, marriage, wager, yard-sale
- Language: English