Plot & Details
Writer/director James Kerwin infuses Raymond Chandler-influenced noir with a metaphysical twist by tracing the story of a female detective who's tough enough to take on even Philip Marlowe in this monochromatic mystery designed to challenge the viewer's very perception of reality. Hoyle (Kipleigh Brown) is a hard-drinking detective whose taste for bourbon betrays her razor-sharp sleuthing skills. Set out on the trail of a reclusive genius (John Newton), however, Hoyle soon finds her life becoming increasingly fragmented and surreal. The only people that Hoyle can trust as she begins to uncover a series of mind-bending cosmological secrets are her loyal partner (Mik Scriba) and a scintillating lounge singer (Chase Masterson). But wherever Hoyle goes, she is shadowed by a mysterious figure (Peter Mayhew) whom she is soon destined to meet, and who may just possess the power to bend reality. In a world of black and white, Hoyle is about to take a bizarre journey into the divine gradients of grey invisible to the naked eye.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/11/2009
- DVD Release Date: 04/06/2010
- Director(s): James Kerwin
- Starring: Kipleigh Brown , Chase Masterson , John Newton , Mik Scriba , Nathan Mobley
- Tone: Cerebral,Enigmatic,Hallucinatory
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (12-11-2009)
- Language: English