Plot & Details
The Young@Heart Chorus is a vocal group from Northampton, MA, who have earned an international reputation for their unique interpretations of songs by Sonic Youth, the Ramones, and the Clash. However, this isn't a teenage garage band attacking the classic punk rock songbook -- the Young@Heart Chorus is comprised of 22 senior citizens whose average age is 80, and under director Bob Cilman they've gained a degree of fame for their enthusiastic a cappella renditions of well-known rock & roll tunes. Filmmaker Stephen Walker spent several weeks with the members of the Young@Heart Chorus as they rehearsed for their annual concert in Northampton, and Young@Heart is a documentary which offers a look at their rigorous rehearsal process, the background of several members, and their efforts to stay active and think positive, even as their friends succumb to old age. Produced for British television, Young@Heart was screened in competition at the 2007 Los Angeles Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/09/2008
- DVD Release Date: 09/16/2008
- Distributor(s): Fox Searchlight
- Director(s): Stephen Walker
- Starring: Joe Benoit , Helen Boston , Louise Canady , Bob Cilman , Elaine Fligman
- Themes: Musician's Life,Golden Years
- Tone: Heartwarming,Humorous,Sweet,Warm,Inspiring
- Keywords: behind-the-scenes,chorus,concert,music,senior-citizen
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-09-2008)
- Language: English