Plot & Details
Only three of the original five "young guns" -- Billy the Kid (Emilio Estevez), Jose Chavez y Chavez (Lou Diamond Phillips), and Doc Scurlock (Kiefer Sutherland) -- return in Young Guns II, which is the story of Billy the Kid and his race to safety in Old Mexico while being trailed by a group of government agents led by Pat Garrett (William Petersen). Along the way, Billy's crew gains three new recruits: Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh (Christian Slater), Tom O'Folliard (Balthazar Getty), and Hendry French (Alan Ruck). Though the film suffers from an uneven script, many performances -- particularly Slater's -- are surprisingly strong, and the movie looks great. The theme song, "Blaze of Glory," is performed by Jon Bon Jovi in his first solo appearance; the rocker also has a cameo in the film.
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/01/1990
- DVD Release Date: 12/28/1999
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Geoff Murphy
- Starring: Emilio Estevez , Kiefer Sutherland , Lou Diamond Phillips , Christian Slater , William Petersen
- Themes: Crime Sprees,Faltering Friendships,Sheriffs and Outlaws
- Tone: Earnest,Humorous,Rousing,Slick,Tense,Upbeat,Earthy
- Keywords: criminal, gangster, killing, west, betrayal, captive, captor, coming-of-age, escape, friendship, gunfighter, lawman, on-the-run, outlaw [Western], police, prison
- Country of Origin: USA (08-01-1990)
- Language: English