A year after his brother Tom's death, Jack (Mark Duplass) is an emotionally unstable slacker. When he makes a scene at a memorial party, Tom's ex-girlfriend Iris (Emily Blunt) offers up her family cabin on an island in the Pacific Northwest so Jack can seek catharsis in solitude. Once there, however, he runs into Iris' sister Hannah, a lesbian reeling from the abrupt end of a seven-year relationship who finds solace in the affable Tom's unexpected presence, and the two bond over a long night of drinking. The blurry evening concludes with an awkward sexual incident made worse by Iris' sudden presence at the cabin the next morning which sets into motion a twisted tale of ever-complicated relationships.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/15/2012
- DVD Release Date: 11/06/2012
- Distributor(s): IFC Films
- Themes: Brief Encounters,Death in the Family,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Bittersweet,Poignant,Intimate,Talky
attraction, brother, death-in-family, grief, secrets
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (06-15-2012)
- Language: English