The popular anime series Yu-Gi-Oh! makes the jump from television to the big screen with the franchise's first feature film. Yugi (voice of Dan Green) is a boy who, like thousands of others, is a loyal fan of "Duel Monsters," a card game that's sweeping the nation. Yugi joins many other players for a Duel Monsters tournament in Battle City, where they make a startling discovery -- the "Duel Monsters" cards have supernatural powers that have resurrected Anubia, an evil leader from ancient Egypt. As it happens, one of Yugi's ancestors was a pharaoh who vanquished Anubia centuries before, and now the young man and his pals must use their skills with the cards to conquer the foe once again. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie arrived in American movie theaters in the summer of 2004, six years after the Yu-Gi-Oh! television series (and its attendant flood of merchandise) made its debut in Japan.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Animation,Fantasy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/13/2004
- DVD Release Date: 11/16/2004
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Themes: Redemption,Heroic Mission,Chosen One,Contests, Pageants and Competitions,Mythical Creatures,Unlikely Heroes
- Tone: Humorous,Rousing,Stylized,Bright,Slick,Upbeat,Flashy
boy, cards, duel, supernatural-forces, tournament
- Country of Origin: USA (08-13-2004)
- Language: English,Japanese