Plot & Details
Based on a 1940s Los Angeles murder trial, this film follows the case of members of a Mexican-American gang, led by Henry Reyna (Daniel Valdez), as they are tried and sentenced to San Quentin for a murder they may not have committed.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/20/2007
- DVD Release Date: 05/27/2003
- Director(s): Luis Valdez
- Starring: Daniel Valdez , Edward James Olmos , Charles Aidman , Tyne Daly , John Anderson
- Themes: Social Injustice,Miscarriage of Justice,Race Relations
- Tone: Compassionate,Forceful,Poignant,Stylized
- Keywords: Chicano, Hispanic, Mexican-American, frame-up, murder, racism, suit, trial [courtroom]
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|1981||Hollywood Foreign Press Association||Best Picture - Musical or Comedy||Nominated|