Palindromes and Religio-Hucksterism: The Sunday NYT in 60 Seconds
- Charles McGrath charts "the most inventive page-to-screen translation since O Brother Where Art Thou transposed the Odyssey into hillbilly country."
- A.O. Scott on "one of the most intriguing French filmmakers of his generation".
- "It doesn't matter if you gain 50 pounds or have a sex change operation." Todd Solondz on casting eight stars in one role.
- Grasping for connections between Madagascar, Hotel Rwanda and other films marginally involving Africa.
- "The religio-hucksterism surrounding the Schiavo case makes DeMille's Hollywood crusades look like amateur night." Frank Rich on The Revenge of the Ten Commandments.
- Elizabeth Hurley is "not 17, 6 feet tall and on heroin" - so she'll just design bathing suits instead.