- Reese Witherspoon has left William Morris in the wake of her agent's retirement, joining a band a young actresses currently without representation.
- Disney "invents" the title of Chief Creative Officer for former head of marketing Oren Aviv.
- Poor, poor Ted Danson -Army Archerd says the death of the pope has caused Showtime to postpone a TV movie about the Boston priest sex-abuse scandal, starring the former Sam Malone.
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr, and Mark Ruffalo are set to star in David Fincher's latest, Zodiac, about real-life cartoonist Robert Graysmith's quest to identify the Zodiac Killer.
- Robert Pucci has been hired to write a remake of Blake Edwards' Experiement in Terror; Edwards will executive produce his own bastardization.